Re: Why intergrate with WindowMaker's dock?

From: Dan Pascu
Subject: Re: Why intergrate with WindowMaker's dock?
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 07:14:36 +0200 (EET)

If this is what people want, then I don't think its too hard to
achieve, even right now. There are options to disable clip, dock,
appicons and even miniwindows. Even the check for configuration files
can be disabled. You use these and you get a bare-bone window manager
that only manages windows. The you go and implement the dock, and draw
your own appicons (even miniwindows if you feel you need to do that
too).
This is even convenient to us, since we have to put no effort in making
them interact better. All you need is already there.
I agree that right now, doing this needs to pass a couple of command
line options, and to edit in the configuration files, but this can be
simplified if people want this. Like a --with-gnustep command line
option, that will act as if all the required options would have been
passed, to disable everything.
Or even an automated way, where gnustep sets some X property in the
root window, and then start wmaker which if finds that property will
automatically disable anything except window handling (as if
--with-gnustep was passed).

--
Dan