RE: Serious problems with writing @

From: Martin Brecher
Subject: RE: Serious problems with writing @
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:18:38 +0200

On 2001-10-17 10:46:46 +0200 "Peron, Stéphane"
<stephane.peron@dcmc.creditlyonnais.fr> wrote:

> ok, I have checked with xev too and I saw alt r has "Mode switch" code wih
> my keyboard.
>
> So I have launched KeyPrefs.app, clicked on default to get default
> configuration and then, have chosen "Mode Switch" for GSSecondeCommandKey
> and saved.
> And from now all works well.
>
> So, thanks Nicola... :-)

Yes. that makes shortcuts using ALT possible, thanks (btw, ALT + h seems to be
ignored because that is a  windowmaker shortcut set in WPrefs by default but
GNUstep Apps disable that wmaker shortcut for their windows, to handle it on
their own I guess.)

But one tailing question.... why does GNUstep use ALT for its shortcuts? I
guess that many people will be confused by having to use alt+c now to copy and
ctrl+c in other (non-gstep) apps... Of course Command could be bound to CTRL
that will break other stuff I guess. Anyway.

Greetings and thanks,
Martin