Re: (no subject)

From: Tamas TEVESZ
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:55:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 David.Ayers@brainag.com wrote:

 >      after compiling gcc 3.0.4 I had to add:
 >      /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.0.4
 >      to my /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig before gcc could compile
 > ObjC-Code

that sounds fishy to me. isn't gcc supposed to know offhand where
libgcc is ? (like, libgcc -print-libgcc-file-name which takes this
from a spec file, whose location is hardcoded in the gcc binary).

(ps. if this is nuts, please note i'm not an expert in this area. i'm
just lurking here, amazed :)

--
[-]