Re: RFD: ImageViewer evolution

From: Martin Brecher
Subject: Re: RFD: ImageViewer evolution
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:23:55 +0200

Hi Phil, -

on windows there are is an image viewer which I like very much:
Irfanview. (And which you probably know.)
It has some things that I miss on ImageViewer (and most other X11 image
viewers lack some of them, or at least the great usability):

- - nice keyboard navigation
- - ability to zoom/shrink the image to fit the window (and vice versa)
- - very good slide show capabilities
- - coupled with a nice full screen mode.
- - basic image editing (convert, rotate, resize, etc)
- - batch conversion/renaming
- - can create a panorama image of several other images
- - very fast and very small

I guess that scanning (via SANE) should be the realm of seperate GNUstep
app (or not?).

Another thing that I would personally like very much are drag and drop
capabilites: i.e. move/copy files from one folder to another - maybe
even drag and drop files to/from a Workspace window to a folder opened
in ImageViewer.

Greetings,
Martin

Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
| Hi,
|
| during the past few weeks (or should I say months) I realised that I
have the
| "strong urge to improve ImageViewer" ...:-)
| But since I do not want to design it decoupled from user expectations,
I'd be