Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality contr

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control)
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 01:06:57 +0100

Am 01.11.2003 um 22:43 schrieb Jason Clouse:
On 2003-11-01 12:48:49 +0100 Philip Mötteli <Philip.Moetteli@tele2.ch> wrote: Business is fine and all but Linux was built largely by volunteers doing it for fun. And volunteers are usually willing to help port stuff if it isn't too difficult. I don't see any reason to shun amateurs and hobbyists if they're willing to help out.

I don't think Linux would be, where it is now, without having entered (successfully) the enterprise world. I'm sorry.

But my point is: why should they have to leave drawers out?

Because they can have ten times more money with just a little scratch of more investment. Build a company with and earn a living. Perhaps. At least they could try. (And the GS community would have Hydra as a side effect)

I know some people have a religious hatred for anything Apple has ever done; but you'd think the devil himself had come up with the idea.

I have noticed, you entered that thread, when it was already finished. So I wouldn't be very surprised, that you will come to understand it in just some more days...

See you later
Phil