Re: GNUStep apps for Windows

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUStep apps for Windows
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:46:14 -0600

On Sep 1, 2004, at 11:46 AM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:
So the question is really: is it possible, today, to compile some
subset of GNUStep for Windows resulting in a useful GUI application
that could be distributed?

Much clearer. :) I don't believe that the Windows backend is ready for prime time use. It is usable, but it is currently experimental and is very likely
to have bugs.   We do have some people working on it to improve it.

I think it works OK for the most part. Probably the biggest thing is that it does not LOOK (or behave) like a Windows application, which might throw some people (but perhaps you don't want that anyway).

As always the major obstacle in Windows is just getting it compiled and setup in the first place.