Re: GNUStep apps for Windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUStep apps for Windows
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:25:34 +0200

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

I personally have had *significant* trouble getting this to work.   It seems as
though there are lots of people who would like to get this working and I'm
tempted to believe (this is going to sound bad) that if I can't get it working,
most people can't get it working either.

It's proven to be a serious pain to get GNUstep to even work on Windows at all
for me.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know as I would like to make certain
that things function similarly on Windows.  GJC

Compiling GNUstep on Cygwin used to be fairly easy for me. With GJC including the ffi library almost all the needed bits could be downloaded with a Cygwin install. As far as I remember the liobc.dll was still needed, which can be downloaded from the GNUstep web page. But that's how it used to be. Now Cygwin is broken. The last few releases of GJC (>3.3.3) are missing a header file included by ffi.h. Also the way we build the list of the exported symbols is no longer working, not sure if it is their fault or ours.

Fred