Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:21:22 -0700

MJ Ray wrote:
Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

I never saw a bugreport about any of this, so either (A) you're full of it or (B) you're lazy. Please file bugreports. If you're active on gnustep mailing lists you should really not feel that uncomfortable filing a bug on savannah.

8 times out of 10, describing bugs on #gnustep gets the reply "upgrade
to CVS". I am not lazy, but I do not like to waste my time. Will
savannah bugs about release versions be considered?

If you could only see the look of incredulity on my face...Hah, of course, and if you paid attention to such things, you'd know this. Instead of ASSUMING we wil ignore your bugreport, please submit them. They usually are acted on rather quickly.

Do users have to be registered with Savannah to get follow-ups about
their bugs?

I don't remember, but I think so, because otherwise it doesn't know where to e-mail you to...unless it asks you for your e-mail adderss when you submit anonymously, which I also don't remember.

I'll try back-art again some time soon, but it would be good to know the
above.