Re: Windows and GnuStep

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Windows and GnuStep
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 00:16:41 +0100

Le 5 févr. 06 à 16:40, Riccardo a écrit :

Hey,

let's calm down.

On Thursday, February 2, 2006, at 11:12 PM, Jiva DeVoe wrote:

3. Point 7 on the same page is also incorrect. Project Center is amazingly buggy from both CVS and official releases. There should be no shame in bugs, but let's not lie and pretend it's functional for actual work. I for one don't think it is. There DOES appear to be "Project Manager" which seems a little better, but what's the difference between the two? And which is official? GNUstep is very disorganized with it's tools, and the ones in the main tree are buggy. GORM actually seems to be doing pretty well, but it crashes regularly when using camaelon (or at least it did a month or so ago)... so you see, the conflict here? The page both tells the new users to use this great theme engine, but it also makes our very own tools crash.

This is nuts. ProjectCenter has some limitations, but it would be an insult to serg, robert and the many contributors to it to label it as unusable. I successfully maintain several projects in it. To be more complete: I only maintain programs in gnustep using PC. PRICE is one of my largest projects, having > 8000 lines of code, several dozens of classes, some plain C code, and a dozen of Resources. I wouldn't call this peanuts! The application I manage on GAP are also all PCbased. And I follow closely the work I do on ProjectBuilder and it works very smooth.
Thus, let's not spread FUD.

I think furthermore to remember that there was work done to make ProjectCenter working on windows, I didn't check that yet though. I need to recheck out a new svn repository since this damn, stupid change. I don't even know if I have svn under mingw.

Hey Riccardo,

Let's calm down about the new svn repository ;-)

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr