Re: make on multiprocessor machines

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: make on multiprocessor machines
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 20:25:05 +0200

Hey,

On Thursday, September 7, 2006, at 11:41 AM, Andreas Höschler wrote:

Obviously multiple threads/processes try to create the target dir at the same time which leads to the error. This renders the j option useless for us. Is this an issue in gnu make or in the GNUstep make package? Can this be fixed somehow or do we have to live with serialized (slow) builds?

on my humble dual-processor sparc I gave up concurrent builds too: if there is some sort of recursion it will fail. Way back (you may search the archives) I was told that no easy solution was at hand and the problem was gnustep make.

-R