Re: Making Packages

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:13:49 -0400

OK, I just uploaded 4 packages into ftp.gnustep.org/pub/incoming!  The packages are gnustep-make, -base, -gui, and -back.  I decided to split them up so that it could become more obvious what is being installed.  The package gnustep-base requires libffi, which is actually included in the Slackware gcc package, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Don't put those packages up for distribution as of yet, please.  I'd like to get some feedback first!  There's already one thing I need to change, just for consistency (move xinitrc.gnustep from -gui to -back since gpbs is installed by -back and not -gui).  Let me know what else needs work so I can fix it.

I haven't personally tested -gui or -back-art, so I need to be sure they work!  I'll test them whenever I get around to building GWorkspace.

I'll also be making GORM, ProjectCenter and GWorkspace packages some time this week, I'll let you guys know whenever I have them up.

Stefan