Re: Making packages with new -make

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Making packages with new -make
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 23:43:00 +0200

On May 13, 2007, at 11:33 PM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

Nicola, I tried following the instructions you outlined on the previous e-mail to build gnustep-core but was unsuccessful! Doesn't matter what I do, I always end up with this error after I run -base's ./configure with the --with-default-config=/tmp/gnustep- core/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf: /tmp/gnustep-core/usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh: line 85: / usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/filesystem.sh: No such file or directory

It seems that -base's configure resets all the stuff that I put in / tmp/GNUstep.conf (which is my bogus GNUstep.conf) to what is in / tmp/gnustep-core/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf (the real GNUstep.conf) and then tries to source GNUstep.sh again.

Appearently, what needs to be done is send --with-default-config AND --disable-importing-config-file! It worked this way when I did it... I'd like to know if this is correct before I send the package to the GNUstep FTP.

Hi Stefan,

there is a bug in the latest gnustep-base release. I fixed it on trunk on 2007-05-02 and it should presumably be put into a bugfix release since it prevents packaging.

... but if you can't use trunk and are packaging a gnustep-base release that doesn't include it yet, you can make the following one- line hand-made change to configure:

 before GNUSTEP_SH_EXPORT_ALL_VARIABLES=yes add the line

GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES="$GNUSTEP_CURRENT_MAKEFILES"

that should fix your problem. I'm sure the next stable release of gnustep-base will include the fix. :-)

Thanks