Re: Making packages with new -make

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: Making packages with new -make
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:30:33 +0200

Hi,

Either way, the build doesn't work! When it actually built (when I passed --disable-importing-config-file) whenever I ran anything, be it defaults, or an application like Gorm, it gave me an error. Something about the locale not being found (can't say exactly what it is right now since I uninstalled the packages). Gorm also gave a few other errors but I don't remember what they are. I'm contemplating building things seperately, but I'm not sure
this would be a smart choice seeing as -core is so integraded!

which packages are you building? I maintain a set of RPMs for the most important software around on my ol' MkLinux box. I don't need all the fiddling with the config file you are doing! I split up -core in make, base, gui and back. Plus separate applications. To be honest I didn't update my packages since this and the past release, due of core not building on my older computer, but I am tackling that with the help of Richard and other kind people here so I plan to update the main RPMs once everything compiles.

To build RPMs I have a home-brew procedure which essentially mimicks what I would type from the keyboard, it does not use the feaures of make to export RPM.

Have a nice day,
  Riccardo