Re: Making packages with new -make

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Making packages with new -make
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:47:06 +0200

On May 14, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

On 5/14/07, Riccardo <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
which packages are you building? I maintain a set of RPMs for the most
important software around on my ol' MkLinux box. I don't need all the
fiddling with the config file you are doing! I split up -core in make,
base, gui and back. Plus separate applications. To be honest I didn't
update my packages since this and the past release, due of core not
building on my older computer, but I am tackling that with the help of
Richard and other kind people here so I plan to update the main RPMs
once everything compiles.

Well, the problem is happening because I'm trying to build -make, - base, -gui and -back all the same time to create a single package. In the past I've built the packages seperately but for Slackware, which doesn't have any dependency checking, it doesn't make much sense. I've built the previous release as a single package before (it's in GNUstep FTP) without any issues, so I don't know why I'm having so much trouble now.

Hi Stefan,

can you send me the full list of steps that you are following, with the outputs of the various configure scripts ?

Once I can reproduce your problem, I can fix it. ;-)

Thanks

PS: Do you have a tarball with the building scripts in it, that I can just try out on a GNU/Linux box ? That would be ideal.