Re: Open URL in NSWorkspace

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Open URL in NSWorkspace
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

All,

As far as GNUstep having no direction, I'm wondering why people have
consistently ignored these:

1) http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Roadmap
2) http://heronsperch.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html (the post "Plans for
Change")

There is a link to the Roadmap on the GNUstep site, here:
http://www.gnustep.org/developers/

I suppose we could put a large, blinking, red link on the front of the website
so that it's difficult for people to miss, but even I thought that might be a
little too much.

Regarding GNUstep and Etoile being separate:

Yes, they are and they will continue to be... read the post "Plans for Change"
and the one after it "What GNUstep is and is Not."   GNUstep and Etoile are
working together.  GNUstep must remain separate from any given desktop
environment.    GNUstep shall not endorse any particular desktop system as
"blessed."   If you take exception to this, please enumerate the disadvantages
you see to keeping the API decoupled from the environment.

Regarding tracking with the Cocoa API:

GNUstep should follow Cocoa as closely as possible, again... read "Plans for
Change."   We should integrate Cocoa classes and methods wherever possible.

Thanks, GJC
--
Gregory Casamento