Re: Open URL in NSWorkspace

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: Open URL in NSWorkspace
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:28:25 +0200 (CEST)

hi

On Fri, August 3, 2007 2:33 pm, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

>> Do you have WebKit,
>

>> CoreAudio, CoreImage, CoreFoundation,
>
> No. These are not really part of Cocoa. But there are substitutes.

Where ?

>> WebKit,
>> NSToolbar,
>
> Yes.

I downloaded http://www.quantum-step.com/download/sources/
mySTEP-src-2.3B189.tgz

grep -r "setDisplayMode" *
grep  -r "setSelectedItemIdentifier" *
( nothing )

>> NSPDF* etc ....
>
> I think so.

Can not find it.

>> Can I build it without XCode ?
>
> make?

Mmmm. I think I downloaded the wrong code ? isn't it ?

>> What is the future of GNUstep ?
>
> Good question... I have not seen an answer myself.

>> Do you think that fred + 5 developpers can reach Cocoa compatibility ?
>
> Yes. Why not? It is not magic, just effort.

Ha ha ok, we will stop this discussion :)

>> And what for ? Simple copy Cocoa ?  Can we port Adium or other big app
>> with only Cocoa without too much work ( the answer is NO ) ?
>
> Yes. If the application really uses Cocoa only. But I see the
> tendency that
> Mac OSS developers start to mix everything. They mix CFRelease(obj)
> and [obj release] etc.

If it is so easy why porting is so hard ? :
some ex: Adium/Pixen/Shiira Web Browser ...

> I agree, that it has no roadmap and no target.

ok. so we are agree :)

Fabien