Re: UIKit?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: UIKit?
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 19:38:52 +0000

On 2 Jan 2010, at 18:27, Gregory Casamento wrote:

Not true. We have Opal, currently in Étoilé svn, which is an implementation of CoreGraphics. Gregory was getting the original author to sign copyright assignment so that we could move it upstream to GNUstep, but I'm not sure
what the status of this is.

It's done.  He should be able to contribute it to GNUstep's repo.

Great news.

All that needs to happen now is to add him on gna and import the code.

I'll leave this for Eric to do. I think he has some out-of-tree changes to Opal at the moment, but he has commit access to both repositories so he can move it over whenever it's ready.

To preserve the revision history, we'd ideally want to use svnadmin to dump the Opal branch then and restore it in the GNUstep repository. It might be worth asking the GNA people to do this (both repositories are hosted with them).

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1