Re: Opal/CoreGraphics (was Re: UIKit?)

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Opal/CoreGraphics (was Re: UIKit?)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 01:15:05 -0700

Hi Riccardo,

> I have one of the Letux netbooks of GoldenDelicious, they have a much more
> limited framebuffer than devices you describe. So ti also instructive to
> watch and know about the problems and performance differences Nikolaus or
> Felipe have when running on interesting non-mainstream devices.

I'm also curious how well/poorly GNUstep performs on such devices, and what
sort of performance difference you notice between the xlib and cairo GNUstep
backends on the Letux. I have an old MIPS HandheldPC (168mhz, 32mb ram) that I
have been meaning to try installing NetBSD and GNUstep on.

Also, it would be interesting to see if disabling antialiasing in Cairo makes
much improvement on these slower computers.

Regards,
Eric