Re: Adopt a platform today!

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Adopt a platform today!
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:07:53 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 06:24:23PM +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
> Some time around the last release, there was an idea that we should document
> the platforms that we actually care about in the next release.  If you care
> about a platform, then you should:

I also think this would be a pretty good idea. I'd only like to mention
that "platform" is more then just the combination of CPU-architecture
and OS: It should also include the compiler + runtime + ABI as factors.
I vaguely believe that we would get consistent results across all
combinations, but it really would be nice to check whether that is
actually true.

Cheers,

Niels

PS: I've just started setting up a chroot to compile GNUstep on an
rather underpowered armv5tel machine. I'll let you know how things work
out there.