Re: Adopt a platform today!

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Adopt a platform today!
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:52:09 -0600

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
It turns out that the NSNumberFormatter is already null and that the
test in the -init method whether the _formatter isn't nil should only be
run for the ICU case. I understand that it is very hard to test code for
the non-ICU case, when you already have this library installed.

Thanks for fixing this Fred.  I was out most of this week due to a business trip.  I had spotted this when Neils, I'm pretty sure it was him, ran the tests in his ARM machine.  Didn't have time fix it, though.  Thanks, again.

It really is a problem for me since I only have 1 machine to tests things in.  There also seems to be some problems with ICU version.  One problem I just started noticing (due to the different version everyone is running) is that ICU is updated as the standards are updated (ie 4.4 tracks Unicode 5.2, 4.6 tracks Unicode 6.0) so the output is constantly changing.  I'm not sure what to do for the tests our tests in this case.  At least, the problems seem to always hit the "localized" outputs.

I also saw the discussion about the ivar naming brought up by David (thanks Richard for addressing the function names).  Do I need to do anything else about that?

Stef