Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:05:36 +0100

Am 19.11.2013 16:25, schrieb Gregory Casamento:
> Darling itself is a binary loader which allows Darwin binaries to be run on
> other platforms.   The problem is that GNUstep currently lacks some of the
> frameworks these applications need to run.   Completing of this goal would
> entail much more than just working on the loader.

Not that this isn't right, but do you think people care about such
details? To my observation they think more like:

- Will <insert favourite app here> work?

- Where do I click?

- Where can I pay?

This implies the expectation to have it running on the favourite
platform and to have a simple, dummy-proof way to get it started. No
expectations on the technical details.

Please don't understand this as disrespect against technical oriented
people. There are many of them, but they're not the typical kind of
person bringing projects into the six-digit backing range. Non-technical
consumers compensate for their lack of expertise by shelling out money
happily and a lot more often.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter