Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:11:42 -0500

MyStep is interesting but an implementation of uikit is needed in some form to attract that segment of developers.

On Friday, November 22, 2013, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Doc O'Leary wrote:
In article <mailman.6796.1385083494.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
  Ivan Vuãica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:
What about all the other goal-driven suggestions that aren't at all
"moonshots" but aren't getting discussed because they don't appear to be
"core" to GNUstep itself?  I myself have raised issues regarding
adoption (e.g., the lack of an iOS-related perspective) and installation
(e.g., the lack of a simple VM image or similar way to get started).
Well, it is not that you can just make something mobile. It is a hard task, see the myStep project, which is our mobile-cousin, with a different approach than iOS and which i find interesting!

About the lack of a VM image, you (and others) have been pointed to an existing image for, which works and is in the process of being updated, improved, enhanced. Of course this is an open source project, things need their times. But don't spread negativity.

Thanks,
  Riccardo