Re: Portable toolchain

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: Re: Portable toolchain
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 00:29:24 +0100

Hey.

Of course I know they are not equivalent. :p

well what I would like to basically do is, have a zip containing the build
environment, which can be extracted anywhere, and using a .bat file, the
currently running shell would be set up to „use“ the environment.
I have that setup on Mac OS already. And I would like to have a similar on
Windows. That way I can:
- Save time finding/downloading the right toolchain. Because i can just copy it
somewhere save, like on a backup drive, and everything is fine.
- Use the toolchain anywhere from a USB dongle. Especially important when
having no access to my own maschine, but still need a compiler.
- A reusable toolchain that I can give to other people or redistribute as
„portable“.

maybe that explains what I ment. ^^;

Kind regards!