Re: Plans for ahead

From: Tito Mari Francis Escaño
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 21:17:36 +0800

Based on the flow of the thread, the discussion is basically going around:
1. Usability
2. Themability
3. More applications

For usability, I would like to raise my question: what's with Etoile?
Is it already dead? I think there were many advances made within
Etoile that would be very valuable to the GNUstep system. I think the
usability issue is more around the user perception of the window
manager. If anybody wants to replace it, I suggest the look and feel
of the classic Mac and BeOS.

On themability, I think the look and feel of GNUstep is what makes
GNUstep what it is, hate it or love it. I think the problem is more on
having a desktop environment with more GNUstep-native applications,
including but not limited to web browser, office suite and development
tools.

On having more applications, I think the core and support libraries
should be guaranteed stable and mature APIs. The Etoile-provided
reference applications are awesome and would highlight the power and
flexibility of the core GNUstep that can only be envied by other
desktop environments.