Re: Building 64-bit on Windows

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Building 64-bit on Windows
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 15:59:54 +0100

Hei Sam,

Sam Izzo wrote:
Hi,

I would like to use GNUstep to build a 64-bit DLL from some Obj-C code. I then want to use the DLL in Unity. The Windows installer on the download page seems quite old and doesn't have a 64-bit compiler or 64-bit libobjc as far as I can tell. I've tried to build everything from scratch in msys2 with clang but haven't been successful. I can detail

It is based on an older mingw environment and I am having big difficulties upgrading it, still in the realm of remaining on mingw 32bit and gcc (no libobjc2)

the problems I've had and exactly what I've tried if that would help (I'll just have to run through it all again and make notes).

Is this possible?

I have been exploring the path of msys2 (although with gcc and its runtime, nto clang+libobjc2) too: ideally I'd like to have both alternatives available for the time being, but I was unable to. I have other big difficulties.
I can't even compile base, issues with winsock and such.

Sorry not being able to help you further, few people work on Win support at all.

Riccardo