dmca-activists

Re: [DMCA-Activists] DC 7/17: Tactic

From: Michael Sims
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] DC 7/17: Tactic
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:24:36 -0400

cc: list trimmed.

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 01:14 pm, Seth Johnson wrote:

> What will be the nature of the tactic?
>
> What will be our objectives?
>
> Will we present a statement, seek an audience with some
> honcho, seek to speak at the panel?
>
> Will we wear pithy slogans on T-shirts?

This letter is a good start for ideas:

http://www.epic.org/privacy/drm/hjdrmltr6.5.02.html

Convincing the committee that we are stakeholders is nice, but I suggest
that bringing either steaks or stakes is likely to be counter-productive.

I probably won't be able to attend, but if someone were to write up a
report of the workshop and either post it on a sturdy webserver somewhere
or forward it to me, I think it likely that it would be covered by
Slashdot.

--
Michael Sims
address@hidden