Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Question about isValidUrl function

From: Doursenaud , Raphaël
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Question about isValidUrl function
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:59:17 +0200

Hi Marcos,

I wouldn't delete parameters because there may be some external modules that rely on this function.
But I think we could benefit from using it as a wrapper to php native functions and maybe deprecate it so module developers know they should use the native functions directly.

What do you think?

Hi all:

I've been looking at isValidUrl function (located in core/lib/functions2.lib.php) and it has multiple parameters that are not used all over Dolibarr code.

https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/blob/develop/htdocs/core/lib/functions2.lib.php#405

Also, there's already a function in the core of PHP that does the same. Can we replace all the preg checks (that have high CPU cost) with the filter_var function or is there any reason why those checks are there?

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

Raphaël Doursenaud
Directeur technique (CTO)
Expert certifié en déploiement Google Apps
+33 (0)5 35 53 97 13 - +33 (0)6 68 48 20 10

http://gpcsolutions.fr
Technopole Hélioparc
2 avenue du Président Pierre Angot
64053 PAU CEDEX 9
SARL GPC.solutions au capital de 7 500 € - R.C.S. PAU 528 995 921