[Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:31:16 -0000

* Peter Schuller (Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:30:16 +0100)
> > webdav path decoding and translation:
> > https://server/backup/ -> //server/backup/
>
> Although I realize you want to use https; are you by any chance able to try
> this with http:// just to make sure that the problem goes away then?

webdav path decoding and translation: http://server/backup/ ->
/backup/
Using temporary directory /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/CAF~1/LOCALS~
1/Temp/duplicity-V7fDHv-tempdir

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 463, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 458, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 390, in main
    globals.archive_dir).set_values()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/collections.py",
line 470,
in set_values
    backend_filename_list = self.backend.list()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/backends.py", line
863, in
list
    filename = self.__taste_href(href)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/backends.py", line
897, in
__taste_href
    self.parsed_url[1])
TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings
(deprecated), not unicode

> Also, are you able to provide a strace/ktrace or similar, filtered for which
> files are opened? I am seriously not getting what's going on, and I can't
> help but think that *somehow* the wrong urlparse module is being used. I have
> no other explanation for why https would fail like this.
>
> If on Linux, something like strace -e open duplicity .... to get the opens.

Don't have Linux at hand right now and the Cygwin strace doesn't do "-
e open". And running "strace duplicity -v9 [...]" results in
strace: error creating process duplicity, (error 2)

Thorsten
--
"I'm a vet. I'm a pro. Hell, I been here /eight months/."
--  Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, "Welcome to the Internet helpdesk"