Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Re: First restore failing

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Re: First restore failing
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 14:40:34 +0100

> Yes, the actual line with which I invoke duplicity is (username
> obfuscated):
>
> duplicity --no-encryption
> webdav://address@hidden@dav.messagingengine.com/user.provider.tld/f
> iles/backup ~/tmp/backup

Ok. Will look into this bit some more; perhaps the address@hidden is causing
problems since urlparse does not support it.

But either way your results confirm that the original problems goes away when
the scheme is http.

So, we seem to be at the state of having the following problems:

(1) https is treated as an unknown scheme, for some reason I don't understand.
The fact that you have reproduced it on both cygwin and a gentoo linux
installation makes it even more puzzling to me.

(2) The patch must be augmented to properly handle address@hidden style URL:s
and
any other special handling already done by duplicity.

(3) It is still unknown to me what the proper behavior would be if the server
returns a URL that points to a completely different host. I took a quick look
at the webdav RFC but didn't find a clear answer by just sifting. If anyone
has more input here, it would be appreciated.

I'll look into (2) and either look into (3) or avoid the issue for now by
keeping the requirement that the urls match. For (1), I'm not really sure
what to do unless I can reproduce it locally somehow and investigate in
detail.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'