Re: [Duplicity-talk] Integrity check

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Integrity check
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:33:22 +0200

As far as I understand in this case the integrity is implicitly checked. Because if something would have changed in the backup data the tar/gz/gpg pipeline would choke and tell you that your data is damaged. Unfortunately until now there is no way to tell duplicity to skip the defective part.

Still. I still suggest a integrity check command.

@Ken .. the following questions still open :)
Are these checksums of the source files in the backup or the backup chunks?
Does the the integrity checking make sense at all (use case slow up/fast download)?

... ede
ftplicity.sourceforge.net