Re: [Duplicity-talk] SSH backend and shell escaping

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] SSH backend and shell escaping
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:42:35 +0100

On 09.12.2014 22:55, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Wouldn't it be the easiest solution to let duplicity accept the --ssh-options
> parameter multiple times for each SSH option to declare? I know that wouldn't
> help me now because I'm stuck at this version for the next two years of LTS,
> but it may be helpful some time in the future.

jepp, easiest for you, work for someone to implement ;)

> It's duplicity's manpage itself that recommends using quotes:
>
> http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
>> duplicity --ssh-options="-oProtocol=2 -oIdentityFile=/my/backup/id"

totally correct. as you wrote later, when you run it like that it works. it's
not a duplicity issue if you can't provide the parameters correctly via script
;)

..ede/duply.net

PS: no offense, i know shell hacking can be hard and confusing. but treat it as
an educational hazard.