Re: [Duplicity-talk] SSH backend and shell escaping

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] SSH backend and shell escaping
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 07:13:44 -0600

It turns out that the man page is wrong.  You can specify multiple --ssh-option= options on the command line and leave off the double quotes.  So in your case, use:

duplicity --ssh-options=-oProtocol=2 --ssh-options=-oIdentityFile=/my/backup/id

I'll get a fix in to the man page.

...Ken

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 4:42 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 09.12.2014 22:55, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Wouldn't it be the easiest solution to let duplicity accept the --ssh-options parameter multiple times for each SSH option to declare? I know that wouldn't help me now because I'm stuck at this version for the next two years of LTS, but it may be helpful some time in the future.

jepp, easiest for you, work for someone to implement ;)

> It's duplicity's manpage itself that recommends using quotes:
>
> http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html
>> duplicity --ssh-options="-oProtocol=2 -oIdentityFile=/my/backup/id"

totally correct. as you wrote later, when you run it like that it works. it's not a duplicity issue if you can't provide the parameters correctly via script ;)

..ede/duply.net

PS: no offense, i know shell hacking can be hard and confusing. but treat it as an educational hazard.