Re: [Duplicity-talk] Attempt 4 failed: Error: Not a directory

From: Thomas Prost
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Attempt 4 failed: Error: Not a directory
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:41:17 +0200

Am Montag, den 13.04.2015, 15:39 +0200 schrieb address@hidden:
> On 06.04.2015 16:00, Thomas Prost wrote:
(...)

> >      1. Import of duplicity.backends.sshbackend Failed: No module named
> >         paramiko
>
> just a warning, should be fixed in later releases. see changelog
>
> >      2. Fehler '[Errno 1] Operation not permitted:
> >         '/media/sdb/home/thomas/Vorlagen/test/home'' beim Verarbeiten
> >         von .
> >      3. Fehler '[Errno 1] Operation not permitted:
> >         '/media/sdb/home/thomas/Vorlagen/test'' beim Verarbeiten von .
>
> both are duplicity trying to restore owner and permissions of your
> files/folders. changing owner requires to be root, so it fails.
>

> > Errors 2 and 3 might result from something that I hadn't expected.
> > Is there a simple explanation for this (empty) directory in the
> > snapshot ? ;-)
>
> you mean in the listing below? probably for saving owner/perms for for
> the snapshot dir. did you backup '/' including '/home' excluding '**' ?

Sorry, but I don't remember, from what point I started that backup.
Maybe not from / but from /home.
BTW: Wouldn't a restore done by not-root-users always run into this
situation that the to-be-restored-user is not owner of ./ (= /home) ?
--
Still hoping to be dead lucky with the main problem
Thomas