Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity using onedrive/office365

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity using onedrive/office365
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 23:28:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, voytekl via Duplicity-talk wrote:

Hi all, I'm trying to get duplicity to connect to a onedrive that is associated with an office365 account rather than the general microsoft login (ie. live.com). I have an institutional account there which has 1TB quota, so would prefer to use that.

I looked into this some time ago for similar reasons, but as far as I can tell, it does not seem to be possible. The "OneDrive for Business" product has a completely different API from the consumer "OneDrive". It is really SharePoint that has been rebranded, and there don't seem to be any working open-source client implementations. (There are a couple of projects that claim to be working on it, but I didn't have any success in using them.) In any case it certainly isn't supported by duplicity.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/804301/how-to-sync-onedrive-business-office-365-on-linux

https://askubuntu.com/questions/537476/how-to-sync-onedrive-for-business

The only approach that seemed promising is that there is a proprietary third-party Linux client called goodsync, which is reported to work. It's not free but is moderately priced. You could use duplicity to back up to a local file:// target and then manually sync the files to the cloud. I didn't actually try this myself but I may at some point.

If you are even more patient you could manually upload files through the web client, but I had trouble getting this to work efficiently / reliably.

--
Nate Eldredge
address@hidden