dvdrtools-users

RE: [Dvdrtools-users] video dvd backup

From: Scott Prive
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] video dvd backup
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:13:13 -0500

> You'd use ifogen (from dvdrtools 0.1.3 or
> http://dvdauthor.sf.net/, the
> code is the same) to generate the ifo files from scratch.
> Unfortunately ifogen isn't 100% compliant yet -- hard to do
> if you don't
> have access to the specs.

Ah. Someone could review the specs published on the website of IFOEDIT, a
non-opensource freeware DVD authoring program for Windows. The author has
pulled together specs from sources such as LiViD, etc., and documented some
himself. I have seen authors of other apps credit him for helping solve
specific problems so he does answer questions when he can.

http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/

I'm a little off topic now, but IFOEDIT's quite complex to use. It basically
has macros for doing "anything" to the IFO. It doesn't have full error checking
so you can (easily) generate a master that won't work. If you have Windows (or
WINE?), running through a tutorial (see website) is highly reccomended to avoid
a coaster.

-Scott