dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] crypt ISO image

From: Serge Rossi
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] crypt ISO image
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:25:06 +0100 (CET)

> Well, you could certainly do that: create your ISO, encrypt it with
> gpg,
> and then make an image of that and then write that image, so that your
> resultant disc has a single, very very large file on it.
>
> I don't know of any tool to do so, but it wouldn't surprise me to find
> that one could mount as a loopback a decryption driver that looks
> directly at the file on the disc and mount it without needing any hard
> disk space.  Start with burning your encrypted file to a disc and
> getting it back off and decrypted :-)

You will find all the necessary information to add crypto to your
Linux Kernel here :

http://www.kerneli.org/index.php

You can for example have an encrypted loop filesystem and create and
ext2 filesystem into an encrypted file.

This is described here :

http://www.kerneli.org/howto/node3.php

--
mailto:address@hidden          http://serge.rossi.free.fr/

             L'histoire de l'informatique de -3000 à 1986 :
                    http://histoire.info.online.fr/