dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord, "write track data: error"

From: Arndt Schoenewald
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord, "write track data: error"
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:49:46 +0100

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:23:10AM +0100, Robert M. Stockmann wrote:

> "perhaps because your DVD-R media are of lesser quality." Does that mean
> they are not allowed to burn succesfully? Am i smelling something here?
> Are all "lesser quality" DVD-R recordable company's goons, and suddenly
> overnight sell crap??
> Whats going on here?

I suggest you read a few tests reports for DVD-R/RW media as published
by various computer magazins. You will find that quality varies a lot.
There are many physical, chemical, and production issues to get right
when producing these media.

I won't go into details, and I won't enter a flamewar here. But remember
the media problems that we used to have a couple of years ago when CD-R
recording came up. (I have been working in the CD-R archiving business
since 1994 and have seen a *lot* of coasters.)

Arndt

--
Arndt Schoenewald <address@hidden>, Software Developer
Quelltext AG (http://www.quelltext-ag.de), Dortmund, Germany