dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord, "write track data: error"

From: Robert M. Stockmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] dvdrecord, "write track data: error"
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:02:49 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Arndt Schoenewald wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:23:10AM +0100, Robert M. Stockmann wrote:
> >
> > "perhaps because your DVD-R media are of lesser quality." Does that mean
> > they are not allowed to burn succesfully? Am i smelling something here?
> > Are all "lesser quality" DVD-R recordable company's goons, and suddenly
> > overnight sell crap??
> > Whats going on here?
>
> I suggest you read a few tests reports for DVD-R/RW media as published
> by various computer magazins.

I've become quite sceptic about the quality of test reports in the
various computer magazins.

Maybe we as a user-mailing list can do something for ourselves.
We could post our brand/type of DVD-recorder and which DVD-R media brand/type
we are recording with. I here myself have a box of 50 Princo's where i
have mixed results with. Roughly i have a fail-rate of 50%. So 1 out of
2 DVD-R fails to burn on the outer rim. My burner is a Pioneer DVD-R(W) A05
with firmware 1.21 . And i burn everything with dvdrecord .

My cousin bought a similar box of 50 Princo's 1x 2x DVD-R and also
bought a Pioneer A05. He's still on firmware 1.00 and burns with nero .
He himself sofar has had a fail-rate of 0%. So all burns with the Princo's
were succesfull when running his windows XP and nero. All of those burns
were at 2x recording speed.

Thats what my experiences are. Maybe dvdrecord currently ain't such a
briljant burning tool?

Robert

--
Robert M. Stockmann - RHCE