edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] [Fwd: Re: [Lp-italia] Progetto software libero nelle scuole

From: Alessandro Rubini
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] [Fwd: Re: [Lp-italia] Progetto software libero nelle scuole, collaborazione con FSFE]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:56:39 +0200

> Unfortunately the current government does not support free software,

No government ever supported free software. Left and right, all alike.

> Members LibrePlanet Italy will start to talk to politicians, schools and
> universities to migrate to fully free.

Meanwhile the government signed an agreement with microsoft to provide
computers to all schools and all individuals (so they can remove the
"certified mail with return receipt" in favour of the "certified
email" for all official notifications).

I just heard about the agreement, and I'm disgusted, since all
governments something small in these lines as first step (so they
depict themselves as innovators), but this sounds like a big move, and
in the middle of the government duration.

Has LibrePlanet any ideas or plans to counter this in some way?  I
have no ideas, personally.

/alessandro