edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] [Fwd: Re: [Lp-italia] Progetto software libero nelle scuole

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] [Fwd: Re: [Lp-italia] Progetto software libero nelle scuole, collaborazione con FSFE]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:44:49 +0200

Hello Alessandro,
hello all,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:14:28PM +0200, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
> > Disgusting indeed. Do you have any links to further information about
> > this agreement?
>
> This is what has been floating today, in italian, from a spammy
> newsletter.  One of the recipient noticed the article (I have a
> special rule to discard it):
>
> http://www.key4biz.it/News/2009/09/25/e-Government/digitalizzazione_pubblica_amministrazione_egovernment_renato_brunetta_maria_stella_gelmini_microsoft_Carlo_Giovanardi.html

I asked google to translate it for me. I especially like this part:

 "...called "digital literacy" to convey the appropriate knowledge and
 skills in the use of new technologies for faculty and students from
 schools in all levels, promote competition among students to encourage
 them to use their imagination, passion and creativity to find
 solutions to concrete problems through new technologies."

The same sentence would look much more authentic in our agenda :)

Thanks to your link, I had a few more key words to look for and found
this:
http://www.microsoft.com/italy/stampa/comunicati_stampa/set09/premio_docente.mspx

where google translates a passage to:
 "The partnership provides for the definition of content and tools to
 develop in Italian schools the highest awareness around issues now
 become crucial, such as computer security and protection of
 intellectual property in order to promote a conscious use of
 technology"

"Protection of intellectual property", that's the most important thing
to learn in school today... oh man

> Googling around I found a few more, though not much, so it shouldn't
> be completely fake.

Well, I searched and found a few more too, but I couldn't find an article that
mentions the volume or the number of schools participating.

Doesn't the government publish any details on their activities?

What puzzles me is that there was just another MoU in June going in
the opposite direction:
http://www.osor.eu/news/it-italian-government-to-increase-use-of-open-source-in-schools

It talks about "two pilot projects". It would be really interesting how
many schools will be involved with the Microsoft agreement.

Any hints?

Well, in any event, for those of you who want to get active in Italy,
this survey might be of interest:

http://www.osor.eu/case_studies/open-source-software-survey-in-italian-schools/#section-3

Greetings,

Guido