Re: [emacs-bidi] editing hebrew latex

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] editing hebrew latex
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:47:13 +0200

> Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:34:21 +0200 (IST)
> From: Tzafrir Cohen <address@hidden>
>
> It does not require that the editor manipulates the buffer contents in
> any way (no visual-hebrew editing). But it would be nice to be able to
> read the hebrew text correctly.

So you would like Emacs to be able to display the text inside \R{} in
reverse, even though it will be written in logical order to the file?

If so, perhaps you do want to look at Ehud's hebeng: it allows you to
enter the text in visual order into the buffer, so the display is like
you want it to be.  All you need is to write a bit of Lisp to convert
from visual to logical order when the buffer is saved.  That could be
an easy task; in fact, Alex Schroeder posted here code to do the
visual-to-logical conversion a few weks ago.  If you put some variant
of that code into a hook in the write-file-hooks list, you will
probably be able to get what you want, I think.