Re: font-lock-comment-face

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-face
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:11:29 +0900 (JST)

> > > I think comments are using reddish colors for such a long time that we
> > > shouldn't change their default color in any radical way.
> >
> > This is only true if a significant number of people actually like the
> > current default (among those who use a dark-background)
>
> We could take a poll, if that's important.

Well, it's obviously not that important.  I just want to smooth over
those rough edges that are not too difficult ...

Perhaps if there are a number of these `afraid to change for
compatibility reasons but not sure it matters' issues, there could be a
general poll that just lists them all and asks people to send in their
yea or nay for any that they care about.  [but I guess in the end no
matter what is done, there are bound to be millions of complaints...sigh]

> > The problem with red is that if it gets dark, you can't read it, and if
> > it gets too bright and saturated, it drives you insane.
>
> Does FireBrick look so badly on dark background?  IIRC, it's not a
> saturated color, and neither is it too dark, is it?  Perhaps we could
> use it in both background modes?

No, at least on my display FireBrick is too dark to read.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche