Re: table.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: table.el
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:58:42 -0700 (MST)

    The reason why I added such wrappers (although they're rather ad-hoc
    and very ugly as far as the code is concerned) was to improve the
    feature set and consistency of the interface, for the benefit of
    the user.

There are other ways (less elegant, but straightforward) to implement
the user interface feature itself.  New Lisp-level features are not
needed to *do* the job, only to make it more elegant.

Making it more elegant is not always a worth-while use of time
when our resources are limited.  Other jobs that will improve
Emacs for end users are much more important.