Re: Fringe frame parameters, default values

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fringe frame parameters, default values
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:47:05 +0200 (IST)

Do the changes below create a feature that is supposed to work on
character terminals?  That is, do you expect that frame-parameters for
non-GUI frames will say something about the fringe width?  If you do,
we need some code for the non-GUI frame types as well.

(In general, I find features that fail on some of the display types a
bad idea.  IMHO, features that don't make sense on some display type
should either do something trivial or silently do nothing.)

  2001-12-06  Kim F. Storm  <address@hidden>

        * xfns.c (x_report_frame_params): Return actual fringe widths.

        * w32fns.c (x_report_frame_params): Return actual fringe widths.