Re: Shall menu_bar_items and tool_bar_items look at text property keymap

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Shall menu_bar_items and tool_bar_items look at text property keymaps?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 03:36:38 -0700 (MST)

    Since it doesn't really work, I doubt anyone is actually using it.

    So my proposal is to remove the "look for keymaps at PT" from those
    functions.

Why change this at all?  Is there a bug that needs fixing here?
If so, what is it?

I'm concerned because Emacs developers are putting a large fraction of
their time into areas that are attractive for programmers to work on,
but not a large fraction into areas that really help users.  We need
to shift the effort to places where it will make Emacs more
powerful or more convenient or easier to learn and use.