Re: Should customizing default-frame-alist change existing frames?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Should customizing default-frame-alist change existing frames?
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:18:47 +0100

On Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:33:43 -0500, "Stefan Monnier"
<monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> It wouldn't be "perfect" but should be mostly acceptable.
>
> I don't think that leaving dedicated frames as-is is a good answer [...]

I'm starting to think that's one of those issues where there's
considerable individual variation; perhaps it is wise to choose the
easier answer (be that changing all frames, or just the current one) and
be done with it. I don't think adding complexity to support several
styles is worth the cost, because if the user likes some particular
frame configuration he's probably going to write it down in his .emacs
and restart Emacs.

Just MHO, of course. I don't use many frames, though.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u