Re: init_buffer PWD fix

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: init_buffer PWD fix
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:12:44 +0300 (IDT)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, MIYASHITA Hisashi wrote:

> Windows dose not have symbolic link and if the current directory
> permission dose not allow to enter, we cannot invoke any programs.

True for now.  But suppose we introduce into Emacs support for
Cygwin-style symlinks some day--are we supposed to go through all the
primitives and invent Windows-specific code to handle that?

I think computing a simulated inode for a directory is much simpler, and
will work for a broader class of potential changes in the underlying
filesystem and in Emacs.  The code already exists, it just needs to be
activated by removing the #if 0 conditional.  I fail to understand why
are we still arguing...