Re: init_buffer PWD fix

From: 宮下 尚:HIMI
Subject: Re: init_buffer PWD fix
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:30:35 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, MIYASHITA Hisashi wrote:
>
>> Windows dose not have symbolic link and if the current directory
>> permission dose not allow to enter, we cannot invoke any programs.
>
> True for now.  But suppose we introduce into Emacs support for
> Cygwin-style symlinks some day--are we supposed to go through all the
> primitives and invent Windows-specific code to handle that?

But even if it is true, I previously said that GetCurrentDirectory()
holds the straightforward values set by SetCurrentDirectory(), so we don't
have to stick to "PWD" environemt variable that may be different from
the value of "PWD".  Furthermore, in this view, I think that we MUST NOT
use "PWD" environment variable to obtain the current directory because
it's never standardized.

from himi