Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enhancements to options menu (was Re: Reveal mode)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 13:32:55 -0600 (MDT)

    > Another idea: it would also be possible to sort the options in any
    > given Custom buffer, if we assigned them importance levels.
    > The more important options could come first.

    Agree.

    But I think options are shown in the sequence in which they occur
    in the source files.... so it is just a question of ordering them
    there  (maybe adding a few :set-after properties).

Would someone like to start attacking various packages
and adjusting the order of options to be the best possible
for the users?

If you occasionally pick one file and do this, over time
the situation will get better.