Re: new text property

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: new text property
Date: 12 Jun 2002 17:16:39 +0900

    Colin> But recreating the buffer is a bad way to solve this
    Colin> problem.

You said "recreate", not me.  Whatever the right thing is, if you can
do it in Lisp, you can automate it through a behavior.  Hopefully more
intuitively than just creating a random `sjt:foo-dwim' function, but
we'll see as we use them.

    Colin> One thing that bugs me about using behaviors for this is
    Colin> that you still have to hunt down a `foo-highlight',
    Colin> `foo-fontify', `foo-enable-fontification', etc. variable to
    Colin> set in the first place.

The person who implements the behavior does.  But this is always a
problem when you abstract independently developed mechanisms.

    >> grep for "ben wing + behavior" in xemacs-beta, xemacs-design,
    >> xemacs-patches: http://list-archive.xemacs.org/$LIST_NAME

    Colin> I got no results:

*sigh*  Somebody's working on the search engines, but the mailing list
engine is still substandard.